Monday, September 27, 2010

The 12 Days Of Disney

Here we are folks!  Only 12 short days left until we take off on a Boeing 757 headed straight for Orlando International Airport.

Over the weekend I spent time getting mums and pumpkins with my mom and mother-in-law.  We kept talking about Disney World of course.  We're hoping that there will only be 4 checked bags and 3 carry-ons among us.  Not only do we not have the desire to spend $32 for a second checked bag on top of $23 for the first, but we have limited space in the car.  My husband's dad is going to drive the four of us up to Detroit and leave us off so we don't have to spend almost $100 to park the car at the airport for the week.  I admit that I doubt we will fit all of the bags in the car comfortably but, we will manage I'm sure.  As long as the moms don't overpack.  ;)

Matt and I are still unsure what we are going to do with Ellie for the week.  Yeah yeah yeah, it's 2 weeks away.  We know.  Our neighbor offered to watch Ellie anytime we needed her to so I think we are going ot try and ask her soon.  She has a miniature poodle that would be the only problem.  I'm not sure that Ellie and the poodle would get along so we'd have to find out before we commit to keep her there.  If we don't keep her at our neighbors then she will just get boarded somewhere here in town.

Last night, I was tuning into WDW Today's Live Show and when I entered the chat room I was pointed out by a fellow listener named Kathy.  She said she was a frequent reader of my blog!  I was so flattered that she "knew" me!  HI, KATHY!!

In keeping with the theme of my blog entry title, I'm going to list 12 great gifts/souvenirs to buy when at Walt Disney World!

On the first day of Disney my true love gave to me... A refillable mug!



On the second day of Disney my true love gave to me... A swirley lollipop!



On the third day of Disney my true love gave to me... A Hummel from Germany!



On the fourth day of Disney my true love gave to me... A Create-Your-Own Mr. Potato Head!



On the fifth day of Disney my true love gave to me... A Walt Disney "Vision" Poster!



On the sixth day of Disney my true love gave to me... A "Pick-A Pearl" from Japan!



On the seventh day of Disney my true love gave to me... A Disney Cookbook!



On the eighth day of Disney my true love gave to me... A Vintage Epcot T-Shirt!



On the ninth day of Disney my true love gave to me... A Monorail Playset!



On the tenth day of Disney my true love gave to me... Disney Ornaments!



On the eleventh day of Disney my true love gave to me... Trading Pins!



On the twelfth day of Disney my true love gave to me... Mickey Mouse Ears!


1 comment:

  1. Such a fun entry - love the souvenir ideas! Now I want like half of them!! I really love those monorail playsets, also the Cinderella Castle and Pirate Ship. Unfortunately I'm too old for them, so just have to wait until I have kids ;) Love reading your blog and so excited for you that your trip is coming up SO soon! Have a great time! Mine's in 64 days, so I'm living vicariously through you and others with trips coming up sooner :)

    ReplyDelete