Friday, October 8, 2010

Disney World... Here We Come!

Finally!!  It's almost here!  It's almost here!  In less than 24 hours I will be on my way to Walt Disney World! 

Hard to believe that it was almost 7 months ago that I won this trip by entering a little Twitter contest.  I was sitting at work just chatting with my co-worker when I got on Twitter.  After looking through my feed for a few seconds I see my Twitter screenname next to Orbitz's Twitter and then read the tweet.  I started having a mini panic attack in my head.  I won.  I had really really won.  Because my co-worker was talking I couldn't interrupt her... that would be rude.  I just stood there nodding along to her story until I couldn't hold it in anymore and I said out loud, "I think I won a trip to Disney World." 

Telling my husband and my mom was so crazy.  They both didn't quite believe me at first.  It was sort of a "wait, what?!" kind of reaction.  When I went home on my lunch and called the woman from Orbitz I got really emotional.  After I hung up the phone I just sat on the bed with my husband and cried.  To say that he and I have needed this trip together is an understatement.  Just a week before I had found out I won I was busy trying to budget a trip to WDW for just him and I.  We wanted some time in WDW so badly but we have been strapped for cash.  To be able to STOP budgeting and just know it was all taken care of has been such a blessing. 

We're taking a vacation that we never thought would be possible.  Or, at least not for many years.  We don't have high paying jobs or anything so we just can't afford something so over the top.  We dream of it, sure.  But never did we think it would be reality so soon. 

After talking with Diane, my mother-in-law, we decided it would be best to leave at 4:30 a.m. instead of 5:00.  There is construction on I-94 and in case they are working I won't want to run into problems.  That will leave us with plenty enough time to give the airline our bags and get through security.

Matt just took Ellie to the groomers to be boarded for the week.  Saying goodbye to her was harder than I thought it would be.  Even though she is sort of a pain sometimes, she is such a loving dog and has the cutest face.  I know she will be safe but I just worry about if she is going to be happy or not.  We made sure to give the groomers her leash, coat, treats, food, raw hides, toys, and her favorite blanket.  Leaving Vinnie tomorrow morning I have no doubt will make me cry.  I love him SO much that sometimes I absolutely cannot wait to get home and hold him.  If I keep talking about him I might start crying.... Haha!








Matt and I got our flu shots today on my lunch and my arm is throbbing like a mother.  Seriously can't lift my arm past shoulder level.  Most everything is out and ready to be put in the bags.  When I get home at 6 we will eat dinner and finish packing.  Hoping to take some cold medicine to knock my butt out by 9:00 p.m.  We wake up at 3:30 a.m. and will be on the road (hopefully) an hour later. 

Talk to you all when we get back!  I'll tell Mickey Mouse you said hello!

2 comments:

  1. So you were not only picked as family of the day, but a total trip to disney? You are a LUCKY woman. Seriously. Have you been playing the lottery?!

    ReplyDelete