Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Details

24 days until I am home!

My travel crew is so excited about our upcoming Disney vacation... as am I. I have been hammering out the details with my friend, Barbara, and we have everything planned out pretty darn well at this point. Our park tickets have been bought, Fastpass+ selections made, dining reservations are done, and we just got our Magic Bands in the mail!

Now that I know what Fastpass+ is all about and how it actually works first hand, I feel way less stressed about it than I was before my trip in November. When I first heard about Fastpass+, I thought, "isn't that kind of scheduling excessive?" In theory, yes. In practice, no. It's kind of nice knowing that I don't have to hurry and accomplish three attractions first thing in the morning, because I already have a place in line for later in the day. At mostly every park, it means that I just need to get to a couple of the more popular attractions in the morning, then take it easy from there. I seriously have no concern at all that we won't get to do something that we want to.

If you know anything about me, you know that I go to Disney World to have fun and eat. Or is that have fun eating? Eh, it all applies. Barbara and I were, of course, in charge of our food choices for the trip. My husband is the birthday boy during the trip, so he had a few requests as well. We have two painfully more expensive restaurants picked out, and the rest of our sit-down meals will be less expensive. Here is what the layout of our vaca looks like.

Saturday - Early flight, breakfast and snacks on the plane, maybe a snack at Pop Century, then off to Animal Kingdom. We'll grab a bite to eat at Yak and Yeti without a reservation. Our Fastpasses are for Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Primeval Whirl. That evening, we're going to head to Downtown Disney to grab dinner at Earl of Sandwich (I haven't been there in years), and Babycakes for breakfast on Sunday.

Sunday - Magic Kingdom day! Our Fastpasses for this day are Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Peter Pan's Flight. We're going to be getting a Fastpass for Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch. I can't wait to take Ben and Barbara there! Dinner is going to be at 'Ohana. After that, we'll grab a Lapu Lapu (mmmm) and head down to the Poly beach to watch Wishes. We'll wrap up the night with Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom.

Monday - Hollywood Studios day! Our Fastpasses are for Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, and Toy Story Midway Mania. We'll grab lunch at Sci-Fi (Barbara is really excited about this), a quick dinner at Pizza Planet (Matt will kill me if we don't go here), then we're going to take a break at Beaches and Cream to conquer the Kitchen Sink for the first time! Someone will have to roll us out of there.

Tuesday - It's Matt's birthday! I have some surprises in store for his birthday, but I totally won't give them away here and now. We're going to Epcot (the best park in the whole wide world) to spend the day eating and drinking. Our Fastpasses are for Soarin', Living with the Land, and Spaceship Earth. I'm crazy excited about our lunch plans at the new Spice Road Table. We'll, of course, make a few trips to my home away from home, La Cava del Tequila. I've been craving an avocado margarita and guac like a mad person lately. Later, we'll walk to the Beach Club for dinner at one of Matt's favorite restaurants, Cape May Cafe.

Wednesday - Another Magic Kingdom day! Our Fastpasses include Under the Sea, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Barbara and I decided yesterday that we're gonna give the Plaza Restaurant a try for lunch. I've never been there before, but have always wanted to. Since counter service options kind of blow at the Kingdom, we're going to take the boat over to the Polynesian Resort and grab dinner at Captain Cook's. Mmm... dole whip.

Thursday - Sadly, this is our last day. However, we are spending it in Epcot, so it can't be all bad. We have a lot of time to play because we have a late flight. We chose Test Track, Living with the Land (yes, we love it a lot), and Turtle Talk with Crush as our Fastpasses for the day. Since Epcot is filled with great counter service food options, we're going to play our meals by ear. I just know I'm ending the day with a margarita.

I'm trying to hammer out a situation I have with My Disney Experience. I haven't gotten it entirely taken care of yet, but when I do I'll be back to report an update.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment