Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Next Trip...

Just days after coming back from Walt Disney World, I began planning my next trip!

This is going to be very special.  My husband, Matt, is turning 30! He's admittedly not very excited to get another year older, so I figured a Disney trip would be perfect for Matt to feel like a kid again. He really is a big kid at heart... one of my favorite things about him. :)

On this trip, we're also taking our friends Ben and Barbara, who got married earlier this year. They came with Matt and I to Disney World a few years ago, and we have been dying to do another couple's trip ever since!

Here are some pictures from our last group adventure.






Barbara and I really had our hearts set on either the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation or a standard room at Pop Century. Last time we went together, we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and didn't have a great experience. Because we wanted to get a good deal, we booked a room only reservation at Pop Century. We also added a 20% off discount to the reservation. I haven't personally booked a reservation on the phone with Disney in years. It was a really fun experience, as the Cast Member who helped me out was such a lively woman! She shared in my excitement and was really knowledgable of what Disney offers.

We're going to be flying into Orlando from Detroit on February 8th. Our flight is in the morning and we should be hopping on the Magical Express motor coach by 11:45. We're really excited to be flying with Southwest and using our Rapid Rewards points that we've earned by signing up for Southwest credit cards.

We do have a few special sit-down meals planned for our trip already. Matt requested Cape May Cafe for his birthday dinner. We're also going to have dinner one night at 'Ohana, and lunch another day at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant. While I can't give rave reviews on Sci-Fi's entrees, their appetizers and milkshakes never fail to put a smile on my face. Barbara is crazy excited to try LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern. I tried it earlier this month and absolutely loved it. One other goal is to attempt the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream. I've wanted to do that for years!!

Last time we went, we didn't buy park hopper tickets and we'll be doing that again this year. We found that it really saved us time by not having to travel from park to park. On top of that, it also saves us money.

I'll get into more detail about the trip as it gets closer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment