Saturday, February 1, 2014

Think of All the Joy You'll Find...

The big day is so close! In just one week from right now, I'll be on my way to Disney World with some of my favorite people on the planet.

This week was a real challenge to get through. I'm not sure why, but I feel like I have been just muddling through every day. I keep trying to find ways to keep my spirits up despite being stressed out about work, home life, future life, and every other little stressor that comes along. Now that Disney is just one week away, I have to tell myself that it can only get better from here.

On Thursday, I was drawing a picture of Michael from Peter Pan in my Wreck This Journal, and played the song "You Can Fly!" over and over and over again. A few weeks ago I realized just how happy that song makes me feel. Since then, I sing it to myself ALL THE TIME! It makes me think about how Disney is my Neverland. I don't even have to be there and it becomes an escape just to think about Disney World.



When I'm at Disney World, I'm not Stacey from Michigan. I'm not 25, going on 26. I'm not a Customer Service Representative at a bank. I'm not defined by any of that. I just feel like... me. The kind of me that I want to be every second of my life... carefree, hopeful, childlike, confident, and independent. There are no boundaries or limits as to what you can be when you're at Disney World. When I am there I feel free from judgements and obligations. The knob that controls my imagination is turned all the way up, and it feels wonderful.

Before I get to that wonderful place, I have a lot of things I need to do this weekend to prepare for the trip. Wash clothes, start packing, buy toiletries, buy Clif bars, and purchase some birthday surprises for Matt. Ellie went to the groomers yesterday, so she is all set to spend the week at Matt's parent's house (that's her Disney World). On Wednesday, Matt and I are going to go get pedicures together. He got me a gift certificate for a mani/pedi for my birthday back in April, and I still have yet to use it. I'm not into the idea of going to a nail salon by myself, but if I have someone that'll go with me then I'm all for it.

Speaking of stuff to do, I should probably stop laying on my couch and writing on my blog. I've got a fun vaca to get ready for. :)

1 comment: