Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snacktastic - The Good Stuff

Between breakfast, between lunch, between dinner, and after dinner lies a wonderful "meal" called snack time. No place does it better than Walt Disney World. Let's take a look at some of my favorite treats found in the world of the mouse.


Zebra Domes
Found at Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge.  Remember on Friends when Monica made candy for her neighbors and one of them called her treats "little drops of heaven?"  Yeah, that's like zebra domes.




Dole Whip Floats
I've talked about them before and I will talk about them until the day I die.  Find these at Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom and the pineapple soft serve only is also at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian Resort.
Soft serve ice cream + pineapple juice = HEAVEN



Kitchen Sink
You throw in a million flavors of ice cream and about every topping known to man and you get this masterpiece.  Go to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club and make sure to take lots of friends to help.



Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake
All of the best desserts in the world smashed into a cupcake.  Sound good?  You'll find this at Starring Rolls in Disney's Hollywood Studios



Karamell-Kuche
Yeah, the whole store.  I'm not kidding.  Don't eat all day long and then head here.  You won't regret it.



Harambe Fruit Market
Believe it or not I do enjoy fruit.  Especially on a really hot day in Animal Kingdom.



Napoleon
Found at the "bakery" in France, these suckers are TO DIE FOR!  If I don't stop looking at them I'm going to eat my computer screen.



Lefse
Potato pastry things.  I don't know any other way to describe them.  It's a Norwegian thing.



Tie Dyed Cheesecake
Pop Century Resort makes these suckers.  It tastes like normal cheesecake but it looks so much cooler. 



Divvies
For all my vegan friends...






6 comments:

  1. I had my first dole whip in January last year. It was pretty good. Very sweet though.

    Lefse was big in South Dakota when I lived there. Lots of Norwegians.

    I heard that cheesecake does horrible things.

    I think I did a blog entry about my favorite Disney treats a while back. I think I may have to do another one now...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot go to MK without getting a Pineapple Float with pineapple Dole Whip!

    Love that cheesecake from Pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of Stacey from WDW Top 8... Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy! ;) Lots of great choices on here. Some I've never had, but will have to try now. I also love the good ole' Mickey rice crispy treat - so fun to eat the chocolate-covered ears!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops totally meant Top 7 :) Iphone typing is always tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not get to get a Dole Float in January, so I will get one in June for sure!! And I saw something on another site about a peanut butter & jelly cupcake. NEED TO FIND AND EAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the dole whip, but prefer it with the extra juice

    ReplyDelete