Monday, September 28, 2009

Less than 24 hours!

IT'S ALMOST HERE!

I'm officially checked in with Northwest. I'm almost done getting my finances in order. I'm almost totally packed. Best yet, i'll be out of work in four hours!

Michigan is currently cold and rainy. And i'm not exaggerating either. It's freakin' frigid. I got my flu shot taken care of on my lunch. I'm hoping it's $24.00 well spent. Right now i've got a runny nose and a sore throat. Translation: Fall is here. That's the thing about Michigan. Summer comes quickly and ends even quicker. Fall starts but only lasts about 2 weeks then we're in winter mode. It's sucks since I really enjoy nice autumn weather. Thank goodness i'm going down to the upper 80's very shortly.

On the agenda for tomorrow is arriving in Orlando at about noon. Then we hop on the Magical Express bus to go to our resort. Hopefully we'll be able to put our crap down in our room. If not, we'll have them hold our bags and then we'll head out to Animal Kingdom. We've got a 4:00 p.m. reservation for Tusker House. I haven't ever been there before so i'm really excited because i've heard such good things about it from other non-meat eaters. :)

Animal Kingdom closes at 5:00 p.m. so we'll probably go back to the room after that to unpack and freshen up. Most likely we'll head to either MK or Epcot for a nighttime show. I love first days! :) So exciting!

Also, i've decided not to purchase an annual pass just yet. There are some personal reasons behind my decision and I know i'm doing the right thing by just holding off until i'm sure i'll be able to get full use out of it. In replacement of the AP, i've decided to purchase my mom and I tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! I surprised her on Saturday and we went to Target to get some cute Halloween t-shirts since we didn't have time to put full costumes together. It should be SO much fun! I heard it's well worth the price for the ticket and I have no doubt that Disney will pull through and show us an amazing time.

This coming Friday I will be auditioning for American Idol Experience. I've chosen to sing "Leave The Pieces" by The Wreckers as much first audition song. After that i'm thinking of doing either "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer or "This Is Me" by Demi Levato. I'll admit... i've never seen Camp Rock... and I have no intention of ever seeing it. My husband actually suggested I try and sing "This Is Me" for him to see if I sounded good. Unfortunately, that's the song I sound the absolute best on. I sang all my choices for my family and they chose that one too... a bit reluctantly I might add. Sure, i'm kinda selling out but whatever. It's a cute song, i'll get the crowd into it, and it kinda suits me best so... we'll see what the producers want me to do if I make it that far.

Just a reminder.. i'll be tweeting and abusing TwitPic the whole time on vaca. You can follow me at http://www.twitter.com/stacey87

4 comments:

  1. Have fun! And I hope you'll be posting a full report with pictures when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I booked our hotel/park tickets today! I'm going to blog about soon.

    ReplyDelete