Thursday, April 24, 2014

Part of That World

Hey friends!

I realized I have not given everyone much of an update on what's going on in my "Disney life." While I can't divulge too much information, I would still like to give friends, family, and my blog readers some insight into what has been happening since my initial audition with Disney Entertainment.

My audition was on March 11th, and 9 days later I got an email from Disney Casting. The email said that they'd like to see more of me for potentially being friends with a lovely Disney lady. I made an audition callback video and sent it to Casting. About a week later, I got an email from Disney saying that I would be ideal for close friendships with not just one, but two popular Disney princesses.

When I had my first audition here in Michigan, I put on my audition form that I would not be able to start work until July or August. My guess is that I wasn't extended immediate employment simply because they would have no idea what positions will be available in 5 or 6 months. It makes absolute sense. I'm essentially just waiting for Disney to give me a call and start the process of getting me down there.

A couple girls that I auditioned with got callbacks as well, and were actually selected to begin their Disney adventures very soon! MaKenzie and Cassi are going to be moving at the end of May, and are even going to be roommates! Both are very sweet girls that will do an amazing job... I seriously have no doubt.

When Cassi had her interview, the interviewer told her that they basically call people based on the start date that they gave to Disney on that form we all had to fill out. Both Cassi and MaKenzie had "ASAP" listed, so I'm hoping that I'll get a call by June with some good news.

Matt and I are really trying to prepare ourselves for the possibility of moving. The tough thing is that without knowing a definitive answer, it's a challenge to know what to prepare for exactly. We do have a home and two pets that we have to think about. Finding an apartment will be more of a challenge with two pets. Physically moving will be more of a challenge with two pets. We already have many belongings that we'll need to take with us. It's not like we're just starting out and are going to buy a bunch of new stuff anyway. We already have everything we'll need to get by, we just need to get it down south. For me, the "up in the air" feeling is the most stressful thing going on right now. It's not even a stress related to the job, it's a stress related to the moving process. I'd really like to get a jump start on it.

I know there are quite a few people out there who have wanted a special life experience with the Disney Company since they can remember. I'm one of them. I have always been drawn to it. Honestly, I can sometimes lack confidence in my abilities and my feelings. But not with Disney. I never have. It's this gut feeling that I just KNOW where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing. And it's a GREAT feeling to know that there's a home and a future just waiting for me.

Thanks so much to all of you for your support and well wishes. It puts a smile on my face daily to think about how many people get me and understand my dreams. Before this journey started, I truly had no idea that there were so many people that believed in me. I sort of always felt I was standing on my own, and just hoping I could someday prove to both myself and to others that I could really do this.

I'll leave you guys with a letter that I wrote in my Disney autograph book when I was ten years old. I was a bit dramatic and missing my favorite place. The result was quite humorous and sweet.

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo amazing! Congratulations!!!! You are seriously going to be the most PERFECT Disney Princess!! You have the look, that is for sure, and seems like the personality too! You are so much prettier than a lot of the girls I see as Princesses. I am so happy your dream is coming true! Maybe my kids will get to meet you someday in the parks and get your autograph :) Best of luck and congrats!

    ReplyDelete