Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WDW In Pictures - Day 3 - Part 2

Glory glory! We made it to Disney's Hollywood Studios just in time for the new Pixar parade.  Reading reviews and watching a little video clip on line of the parade made me insanely fearful that it was going to be craptastic.  I wouldn't say it was "craptastic" but I would say that it had a foul odor.  All of the floats are just modified from the previous parade and the music isn't anything exciting.  The dancers costumes look like slightly altered outfits from Block Party Bash.  The characters sort of saved the parade. 






Everything seemed to have a really long line on this day.  Great Movie Ride was bananas.  We walked over to the Animation building to see if any characters were around but there wasn't anything new and exciting out.  One Man's Dream came next because I hadn't seen any of the changes.  I really liked everything that they did and they kept the multi-plane camera so I was a happy camper.



Up next was Toy Story Mania... have you ever noticed how awesome the ceiling mural is?  There is this illustration of a big brother being a jerk and then there is another one of a kid who clearly doesn't want to be taking a bath.  I wish we hadn't practically ran through the queue because I actually would have liked to enjoy the ceiling a bit more.


Down Sunset Boulevard and onto Tower Of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster.  Tower of Terror's line was extra long due to one of the elevators being "serviced."



Ashley used to work at American Idol Experience so we had to go watch a preliminary show.  I was shocked when all of the performers could actually sing and work the stage.  That doesn't happen very often.  My favorite girl, number 2, took the cake!






After we left DHS we went back to the room to get around and went out to Seito Sushi in Orlando and met up with Ashley's friend, David.  Absolutely, without a doubt, the yummiest sushi I've ever had.  I dream about the Tatami Roll regularly.  We had a late night adventure in Magic Kingdom and I finally got to see the Kiss Goodnight for the very first time.  It was really sweet and made me realize that I have to make that a "must do" on every WDW vacation from now on.

4 comments:

  1. I sooooooooooooooooo agree with you about the new Pixar parade. I was really bummed that it wasn't really anything new or different. And where the heck was Lightning McQueen???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the "Kiss Goodnight?" DETAILS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved the pictures on Chutes and Ladders. One of my favorite games as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wikipedia says it better than I can... "At the park's closing, the nightly 'Kiss Goodnight' is performed, in which Roy O. Disney's dedication speech for the Magic Kingdom is played all over the park alongside classic Disney music which changes with the vivid colors of the castle."

    ReplyDelete